Sunday, May 31, 2015

Kylie Ryann's Story - It's Time

Since we returned from the hospital, the mementos we have from Kylie's birth have sat on the counter. The night we found out about her passing, Patrick and I, together, made her a blanket. When she was born, the nurses placed her in the blanket we lovingly sewed for her, and we held her in it. A hat was placed upon her tiny head before the nurse handed our daughter to us. It is absolutely tiny. These two items have become my most prized possessions. We have a a Certificate of Life with Kylie's hand and footprints stamped upon it, among other mementos. 

It's Time... Today I put away her things. I feel okay. I feel sad that I won’t look at them every day, sad that I won’t touch and hold her blanket and hat on regular occasion like I have these past 4 1/2 weeks, but it is time. It’s time to place them in a box. I will allow myself to take Kylie’s things out occasionally and feel the pain, feel the grief, but for now, I’m ready to put her things away. It doesn’t mean I love her or miss her any less. It just means I am ready to take them off the kitchen counter, place them in her box, and put them away. I love you, sweet Kylie Ryann.

Where Kylie's possessions have lain since arriving home from the hospital

Kylie's Certificate of Life

Her beautiful footprints

Her sweet handprints


Kylie's box of memories


No comments:

Post a Comment