Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kylie Ryann's Story - Gentle Gestures

My Dear Friend,

There are so many other things I want to thank you for, but this is what is on my heart tonight. Thank you for the chocolate covered strawberries you sent me for Mother’s Day. Truth be told, when I received them I told Patrick I didn’t want them. They made me cry. They made me mourn even harder for my daughter. As I reflect on this gentle, kind gesture, I am so grateful. I cry as I write this. I am so grateful for the passive, thoughtful gesture and for recognizing me as Kylie’s mother. As time passes and I talk to others about our daughter, with all the best intentions people tell me how strong I am, how I am going to make a great mother. But, I am a mother. I am Kylie’s mother. I carried her in my womb. I felt her kick. I loved her more than words can describe. So, I want to take these brief moments to let you know how grateful I am for your friendship and for your support. That gesture means so much to me.

With Love, Ericka

No comments:

Post a Comment