Thursday, October 3, 2019

Baby Byer #4 (GIRL)


Here I am. It’s been awhile since I put my fingers to my keyboard. Why yes, my pen goes to paper most days, sending up prayers to our Father, asking Him for so much and thanking Him for increasingly more.

What has brought me here today? Let’s get real.

FEAR.

We are 17 weeks 6 days pregnant with our fourth baby. Praise our good and gracious Father. Our baby is a girl. God has given us three girls and brother B. Oh man, He is good. Every day, I thank Him for each one of our children. Every day, I ask for His protection, for health, for His blessings to rain down on our kids.

At any given moment, I can tell you exactly how far along I am in a pregnancy and exactly how much time is left. I just need to make it to 37 weeks, and these babies are ejected from my body. Tomorrow, I will be 18 weeks along. By God’s amazing grace, that means I have exactly 19 weeks to go until this baby will be in my arms. From the day we learn we are expecting, we long for that day. We long to take a deep breath out and breathe in our newborn. We long to touch and feel and kiss our child. We long for the day we will not worry that we may never meet our child.

It is our past experiences that have brought us to this point. We did not get to meet Kylie on this side of heaven. And, three years ago, we thought we may have to leave the hospital without our baby for the second time. I know that God does not call us to live anxiously, and boy does He provide peace. But, I am human, and here is my greatest fear.

That God’s plan may be different from my own.

I trust Him. I trust Him fully. I have seen His goodness in the midst of pain. I have seen the way He has shaped us through our experiences. And, I can honestly say that I wouldn’t change a thing about our life journey. But, I do not desire to feel the grip of pain and grief we have experienced before. I do not once again desire to feel the immense fear of an unknown future for our child with a grim diagnosis.

Here’s something else I know (from a Zach Williams song).

Fear he is a liar
He will take your breath
Stop you in your steps
He will rob your rest
Steal your happiness

God is so much bigger than our greatest fears. He will carry me through this pregnancy. He will provide, no matter what the outcome. He will grant a sense of peace that can only come from Him. He will allow me to rejoice in a new life. And, He will be glorified.

So, here it is… Baby Byer #4 (GIRL), by God’s amazing grace, will join us in mid-February!






No comments:

Post a Comment